FROM CHAMBER MEMBERS (and area Non-Members if provided) Some closures may still have offerings or gift cards available to purchase, even if closed to walk-ins, so check listings or click on available links!
CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Belfast Adult Education, Belfast American Legion Post #43, Belfast Dance Studio, The Belfast Framer & Betts Gallery, Belfast Flying Shoes, Brambles, Daily Soup, Fox & Ginn Movers, Kids Unplugged, Maine Authors Publishing, Seebreeze Family Eyecare, The Hichborn, Waldo County Technical Center
- Belfast Curling Club – Closed for the season, year-end meeting and banquet postponed
- Colonial Theatre – Temporary closure until further notice, but check website for streaming movies!
- Faith Temple Church – Will live stream services on Facebook
- First Baptist Church Belfast – No services or meetings until further notice. Pastor and Deacons will reach out online and by phone during the week, non-attended service will be posted online, volunteers available if you need assistance, 338-2544
- First Church in Belfast, UCC – Closed to all activities until further notice. Find The First Church services at www.firstchurchinbelfast.org, on Facebook page, and local access BCTV in Belfast and SCTV in Searsport. Local access tv schedule here
- OPAL Global, LLC – Strictly following CDC guidelines to reduce spread of the COVID-19 virus. Our employees are working from home until an undetermined date and continue to work on client projects. Available by telephone (207-218-6300) and email (employee’s first firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com)
- St. Margaret’s Church – Streaming Sunday morning services via ZOOM at 9:30 a.m. For information on how to log in, see St. Margaret’s Facebook page or www.stmargaretsbelfast.org. While all church buildings are closed, St. Margaret’s will stream an abbreviated healing service on ZOOM at 9:30 a.m. Wednesdays, and a service of Compline on Monday through Saturday evenings at 8 p.m. The office is closed, but the parish administrator will answer calls at 338-2412 from 9 a.m. to noon on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- The Game Loft – Temporary closure, providing free grab-and-go lunches for all kids M-F from Noon-2pm
- UMaine Hutchinson Center – Starting August 1, 2020, the Hutchinson Center will be open to the public for scheduled events of less than twenty per assigned space/room and less than fifty per the building per day.
The safety and well-being of our guests and employees is always our top priority. In following the guidelines provided by the public health authorities and the state of Maine, as well as the University of Maine system, we’ve implemented rigorous cleaning procedures and other best practices, such as social distancing.
While we are eager to continue to provide safe meeting space for our community, we encourage you to consider the following questions before renting space:
- Is everyone in your group willing to wear a face covering/mask for the duration of their visit to the Hutchinson Center?
- Is it possible that anyone in your group has a pre-existing condition that makes them more susceptible to complications to COVID-19?
- Is everyone in your group willing to provide their contact information in case contact tracing becomes necessary?
- Is everyone in your group healthy?
- Has anyone in your group traveled out of state recently, especially to an area with high COVID-19 positivity rates?
If the answers to any of the above questions is “Yes” or “I don’t know” we encourage you to consider whether or not the Hutchinson Center is the right space for your meeting or event under the current circumstances. We know this is a challenging time and trust us, we’re right there with you. Masks can be uncomfortable and social distancing can be awkward but our priority is keeping our community safe—and that includes you. Interested in moving your event/meeting online? We can help. Contact us. Thank you for your flexibility, compassion and for helping to keep all of us safe.
CLOSED/CANCELLED FOR 2020
- 2nd Annual Maine Authors Book Festival, Thomaston
- Arts in the Park, Belfast
- The Back & Forth
- Bay Leaf Cottages & Bistro, Lincolnville
- Belfast Breeze Inn
- Belfast Harbor Fest
- Belfast Self Storage Summer Yard Sale
- Belfast Summer Street Party
- Camp CaPella, Dedham
- Common Ground Fair, Unity (going virtual)
- Fair Haven Summer Camps
- Maine Celtic Celebration, Belfast (going virtual)
- Maine Crafts Guild Show, Belfast
- Marsh River Theater, Brooks
- New England Auto Auction, Owls Head Transportation Museum
- North Atlantic Blues Festival, Rockland (going virtual)
- Stockton Springs Harbor Cruises
- Belfast Harbor Artisans
- Cosmic Connection (physical location)
- Lighthouse Arts & Education
- Seaview Aviation