Getaways are packages and specials that individual businesses may add to their organization listings on VisitMaine.com allowing people who clicked on your organization listing to see the packages & specials that you have available for that organization.
Packages Packages offered on VisitMaine.com bundle a two-night stay with a minimum of two additional elements that are normally booked separately. This is intended to create an experience for the visitor such as lodging, meals, and/or an experience. Pricing should be inclusive of the elements and be for a pre-determined length of time.
FreeStayMainePackages The FreeStayMaine program has been developed to encourage cruise passengers to return to Maine for extended land based stays. Participating businesses can encourage return visits by offering special promotions for the vacationer on the FreeStayMaine website.
Specials Specials are pricing opportunities and could be any tourism product from lodging, meals, or activities promoting a single product. It is an opportunity for your business to develop sales during off-peak periods through pricing incentives.
Instructions for adding a Getaway
- Go to MOTPartners.com .
- Click on the Manage Listings icon.
- Input your email address and password and click the Login button. You will go to a page called “Manage Listings”. If you do not have an account, go to Step 4. If you have forgotten your password, follow the below sub-steps. Otherwise skip to Step 7.
- Click on the “Reset your password?” link.
- Input your email address. This sends you an email message with a link you must open to reset your password.
- Click on the link in the email and input your new password and click on “Save”.
- If this is your first time adding a listing to VisitMaine.com, click on the “Get Started” link.
- Complete the form including your name, email address, password and phone number, and then click “Save”. Click on the “Add an Organization” icon and complete the 5-Step form.
- Return to Step 1 to add a Getaway.
- On the “Listing Administration” page, click on the “Add a New Getaway” icon.
- Choose a Getaway type, complete the form and click “Save”. This submits your Getaway listing to VisitMaine.com, for review. Note: Your Getaway listing will be submitted to WesternMaine.org , DowneastAcadia.com , and VisitAroostook.com if your Getaway is taking place in those regions.
The Maine Office of Tourism must review all listings prior to their appearance on each site. Please allow five business days for approval. The Maine Office of Tourism request that all businesses receiving a free link on VisitMaine.com provide a reciprocal link on your site. A simple link to our sites from yours will increase the relevancy of all sites in search engine rankings and increase the likelihood that more people will click on them.
If you have any questions please call Suzanne McKechnie us at (207) 624-9808.